- Suitable Applications and Products
- Secondary ion mass spectrometry - Wikipedia
- Secondary ion mass spectrometry
Suitable Applications and Products
Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry consists of analyzing these secondary ions with a mass spectrometer. Secondary ion emission by a solid surface under ion bombardment supplies information about the elemental, isotopic and molecular composition of its uppermost atomic layers. The secondary ion yields will vary greatly according to the chemical environment and the sputtering conditions ion, energy, angle.
This can add complexity to the quantitative aspect of the technique. SIMS is nevertheless recognized as the most sensitive elemental and isotopic surface analysis technique.
The SIMS technique provides a unique combination of extremely high sensitivity for all elements from Hydrogen to Uranium and above detection limit down to ppb level for many elements , high lateral resolution imaging down to 40 nm , and a very low background that allows high dynamic range more than 5 decades. This technique is "destructive" by its nature sputtering of material.
It can be applied to any type of solid material insulators, semiconductors, metals that can be kept under vacuum.
Dynamic SIMS mode While Static SIMS concentrates on the first top monolayer, providing mostly molecular characterization, in dynamic SIMS mode, bulk composition and in-depth distribution of trace elements are investigated with a depth resolution ranging from sub-nm to tens of nm. Dynamic SIMS instruments are equipped with Oxygen and Cesium primary ion beams in order to enhance, respectively, positive and negative secondary ion intensities.source site
Secondary ion mass spectrometry - Wikipedia
The spectrum mainly shows the signals of the four most characteristic peaks of polycarbonate. Spectra of polycarbonat using large argon clusters as primary projectiles.
- Quick Access.
- The Guardian of Hope?
- Microwave Semiconductor Devices (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science);
- Another Little Piece.
SIMS 5 Details. SIMS 5 Brochure. Sales Network. Career Forum.
Secondary ion mass spectrometry
SIMS 5. System Upgrades. Analytical Service. News Archive. Information Request.
- Arms, Armies and Fortifications in the Hundred Years War.
- AI Weiwei: Sunflower Seeds?
- Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry: Applications for Depth Profiling and Surface Characterization.
- Space and Place in Children’s Literature, 1789 to the Present.
- Time of Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (ToF-SIMS)!
- Handbook of Electrical Power System Dynamics: Modeling, Stability, and Control.